Saturday, November 8, 2008

Revival

We are having our revival at church this weekend. Bro. Tony Byrd is AWESOME!!! During the invitation I went to the alter to pray for our adoption. While I was up there, Bro. Tony's wife came up there and asked if she could pray for me. She asked if I had a special need and I told her we are trying to adopt. After she prayed for us she told our pastor she had something she needed to say. She said that God had laid it on her heart that someone there was struggling because they couldn't have a baby. She said that it took 7 years for them to have their first child. It was seven years after that that they had their second, and 21 months later they had their third. Now do your math and 21 divided by 3 is..... 7. Isn't that amazing. She went on to say that their oldest son had at one time strayed away from God. But I've got to tell y'all, I have NEVER seen a young person so on fire for God. It was amazing to see God working. Our preacher started talking about his son and how he wants him to be saved. They laid hands on Bro. Jack and his wife Rosie. Then they laid hands on Vic and Janice praying for Mikal. Then they prayed for Rosie's nephew. Now I know I'm going to sound SO selfish when I say this, but I was so disappointed that they didn't lay hands on me and Eric. I sat there praying for someone to request they pray for us. Now let me back up here for a minute. This is the first church I have been in that when someone has a need, they will call them upfront to lay hands on them and pray for them. Before Eric and I decided to adopt, and I was still hoping for us to have our own child, I had really wanted God to lay it on the preacher's heart to call us up and pray for us, but it never happened. After we decided to adopt, I had wanted them to pray for us. God wasn't ready for that to happen, well tonight it finally happened. I just new it was about to be over and we had not been prayed for. Rosie stood up and said that she wanted them to pray for me and Eric. I can't tell y'all what that meant to me. God answered my prayer. After waiting so long for a baby, I have had my doubts that it will ever happen. Well tonight I can say that without a doubt I know we are going to have a baby. I have prayed for our adoption to be a testament to God. I want people to be able to see that without a shadow of a doubt, it was God, and I want the glory to go to Him. For those of you who have had God speak to you, isn't it awesome???? Our church started at 6:30 tonight, and we didn't get out until 10:00. God is at work, but the devil is working too. Bro Tony said that before he started preaching his throat was hurting so bad, but once he got started preaching, the pain went away. He knew something amazing was going to happen. You could just feel the presence of God. Now as I am typing this, the devil does not want me to do tell of the events of tonight. Eric and I are tired and arguing. He keeps making noises and asking questions, and I keep asking him to hush. I am having problems concentrating, but I am typing anyway. So if any of this doesn't make sense, we'll blame it on the devil. I just can't express in words what I am feeling tonight. I feel like I have had a heavy, heavy burden lifted. I have doubted whether or not I will ever be a mom. Well tonight God has let me know that one day someone is going to call me mama.

1 comment:

T!ff@ny said...

I heard how awesome revival was. My stepdad went and really enjoyed it. We were out of town at my cousins wedding and after reading this post I really do hate that we couldn't come. I love Bro. Tony too. He used to preach where I went to church in high school.