Friday, November 21, 2008

Pity party

Tonight I have had myself a pity party. Things at work haven't been too good lately (we will just leave it at that), Eric and I have been arguing today, the jewelry sales haven't been what I had hoped they would be, so tonight I started gathering some of the beads I haven't made up and I am going to return them. I can't stand seeing a negative balance, and the sales that I have made haven't come close to paying for what I have purchased. I started making jewelry to help pay for the adoption, and seeing the business in the red is driving me crazy. While packing up the beads I started feeling sorry for myself. I started feeling like such a failure, and feeling like I was worthless. When I need someone to turn to I usually call my mama. She is so much more to me than just my mother. I guess being an only child brought us closer together since I didn't have any siblings to bond with. She is more like a sister to me than a mother. I had been on the phone with her for about 20 minutes and I came and sat down in front of the computer. I pulled up the email, and this is the email she had sent just minutes before I even called her:

Psalm 139:14 (NKJ) New King James
I will praise YOU for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Is it sometimes hard to feel good about yourself? Are you your own worst critic? With human criticism, are you constantly trying to transform yourself into a person who meets society's expectations but not GOD's expectations?
Have you ever wondered how GOD views your life? Do you worry that HE sees your flaws and mistakes and loves you less? Amazingly GOD knows you perfectly and loves you completely just the way you are. You are HIS masterpiece, HIS workmanship of grace and love. Do You have a hard time accepting that.
GOD determines your worth, you were created by GOD. It was GOD who gave your life value. It is GOD who gives you worth, and with out GOD, life has no value. Don't let others dictate your worth.See yourself as valuable because GOD does.

When you feel worthless and down yourself remember GOD made you and GOD doesn't make JUNK. So go look in the mirror and say...WOW I'm a child of the KING. THANK YOU JESUS.


I just had to share one more example of how God is working in my life. We may not be able to hear God with our ears, but if we listen, and lately with me it has been through blogs and emails, we will hear him and know he is speaking to us.

P.S. I am not giving up on the jewelry business. I think I may have gotten a little carried away with buying beads, and I have just decided to cut back my inventory of beads until I can make enough to get the business in the black. I sure do dread taking all of it back to the store. I am going to be one of those customers they hate to see coming.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

ok - seriously. i love the jewelery. do you have an etsy business yet? if so, tell me the name. i went searching last week - but there is so much jewelery there. let me know. glad your mom perked you up!! :)

T!ff@ny said...

Awww! Isn't God awesome when he talks to you...through an email, your mom, whomever. I know how you feel though. I often get a "pity party" going for myself and thank goodness HE always drags me out!