I have read two blogs today that were talking about waiting. The following poem was in one of the blogs:
Days of Heaven upon Earth
Waiting! Yes, patiently waiting!Till next steps made plain shall be;To hear, with the inner hearing,The Voice that will call for me.
Waiting! Yes, hopefully waiting!With hope that need not grow dim;The Master is pledged to guide me,And my eyes are unto Him.
Waiting! Expectantly waiting!Perhaps it may be today The Master will quickly open The gate to my future way.
Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!I know, though I've waited long,That, while He withholds His purpose,His waiting cannot be wrong.
Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!The Master will not be late:He knoweth that I am waiting For Him to unlatch the gate.--J. D. Smith
The verse that touched me the most in this poem is:
Waiting! Yes, waiting! still waiting!I know, though I've waited long,That, while He withholds His purpose,His waiting cannot be wrong.
Just knowing God has a reason for us to have to wait, does seem to make the waiting just a little bit easier. I recently read on another blog "God never wastes a hurt". My prayer is that through all of the pain and suffering we have been through, we will be able to touch someones life.
The second blog was Barbie's blog. You can click on the link to read her blog today. http://barbiebassett.blogspot.com/2008/11/when-you-cant-wait.html
It still amazes me how God is using blogs to speak to me. The waiting is getting harder and harder each day we get closer to the holidays. I am so ready to hold my baby I just can't hardly stand it. God has a wonderful plan to bring us together with the child he has made for us. Now all we have to do is......wait.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment