Last week we heard about another potential baby. It was one of those situations that a friend of a friend of a friend new someone who is giving their baby up. She had planned to just leave the baby at the hospital, but someone she knows is trying to help her find a family for her baby. An email was sent out requesting potential adoptive parent’s to call this person. I called and left my name and contact numbers. After waiting a couple of days and not hearing anything back, I called the number and the message said “If you are calling about an email that went out about a baby to adopt, the situation has been resolved”. As usual, I had gotten my hopes up. I tried really hard to not let it happen, but it did. I was upset, but I had so many people praying for us that it wasn’t as hard as it has been in the past when one didn’t work out.
I had sent the email home so that Eric could read it, and much to my surprise, he sent an email out to all of our church requesting prayer for us. I have to tell you, I was shocked when I received it. The following is the email Eric sent out:
Hey Everybody!!,
I really need your help!!
Melinda received this email today from From Tiffany( They have been communicating through their blogs). What I need from our church is LOVE.
Please Pray For this Situation. I need each of you to boldly approach his throne of grace in our behalf. If this is not the child we are to receive, please pray that he will give Melinda a peace about this situation. We love you guys and trust each of you with our spiritual growth. What we need right now is our church family to come together in one voice you guys know our heart in this situation and thank you more than you know.
Love ,
Eric
We received so many replies to this email with people praying for us. I can’t tell you how much it meant to us. I want to thank our church family for being there for us and for your continued prayers as we continue to search for our baby.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Your baby is out there. Apparently that was not it. I will keep praying for God's will and timing. Hang in there!
I pray for you and Eric everyday, may god find that perfect child for you and send them your way. You will both make wonderful parents, and I can't wait to meet your baby. With God great things will happen!
Much Love
I really hate this didn't work out. I pray for you everyday. You are a wonderful person and DESERVE to have a baby! :-) Love you girl!
Post a Comment