This morning while I was getting ready for work I was listening to The Message on Sirius. It is a station that plays contemporary Christian music. A song came on that was talking about Jesus being a sacrifice. This isn't something new to me, but it got me thinking about making a sacrifice. Making a sacrifice is something I have never done before. I started thinking about what I could sacrifice. I decided to sacrifice TV. Instead of coming home and watching TV to unwind from my day like I normally do, I was going to read my bible instead. I know giving up TV for an hour or so in the afternoon to read the bible may not seem like a big deal, but I have not been faithful about reading my bible. I feel God is showing me that I can make time for Him, all I have to do is sacrifice a little of my time. When I got to work and pulled up my email, the daily scripture I received from KLOVE was:
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.
~ Philippians 2:13, NLT
I saw this as a God letting me know I didn't just think this up, He really wants me to do this. I spent about an hour this afternoon reading my bible instead of watching Reba or Friends like I normally do. Once I finished I got on the computer to check blogs. To my amazement, one of the blogs I check every day was talking about making a sacrifice. WOW!!!! Talk about an eye opener. The blog I read was //http://ourgrowingfamily02.blogspot.com/2009/02/ash-wednesday_25.html
It is so good when God shows you that what you were thinking wasn't just a random thought, it was from Him. He has really been working on me lately. I have done things I never would have thought I would do. If you would have told me a year ago that I would start a women's ministry group at my church, I would have said you were crazy. Well, we had our first meeting last Tuesday night. We named our group Sisters In Spirit, S.I.S. I certainly wouldn't have thought I would EVER be willing to lead some sort of lesson. Well, in April I plan to lead our lesson, and God has already been giving me things to do and say. (I know my mama just fell out of her chair when she read that) She has been praying for me for so long. It has been a long time coming, but I now have a much closer relationship with God. I have fought it for so long, but I am finally surrendering to Him.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
All I can say is PRAISE GOD!!! Yes, I have been praying for you for many years and it is such a blessing to this Mother's heart to see her prayers answered. God is so good. All glory and honor to Jesus!
love you too, you are such a blessing. Yo Mama is so proud.
That is awesome!! You are inspiring ME to sacrafice more time for HIM as well!
Beautiful post- would love to read your lesson if you feel like sharing it! :)
Post a Comment